Friday, May 28, 2010

Cinque Terre

A body of water
Where blue meets blue
(venti cinque) twenty-five minutes to the next town

i wanted to suck the nectur but another bee beat me to it
Agave grows from these rocks

Accordian music
through a graffiti ridden tunnel
next to the Terranian green Sea
he places a happy meal box for change and
to attract tourists

everyone walks alone
no matter how large your group
with their pair of eyes
and sets of legs
it's wonderfully inconvenant
alone among friends

Next Town

Shiny water resembling glass or melted sugar
crashes on sedimentary rock

the oceans keep beat
just always slightly different
and though it is recognizable
it will never be monotonous

I could tell you how far I walked
or how long it took me
but counting my heartbeats
measures the journey more accurately
this view is worth it

the heat of the rock baked sun
warms my backside and I take in what I can
five shades of blue
and foam white
whiter than the clouds

the water kisses the cliffs and sings
swoosh swisshh
and other times roars

Terranian Sea

firefly firecrackers dancing
shimmering on her outer skin
he jumps
he swims
i lie on this body of rock

1 comment: